I only visited Manchester once to see the medical school pre-interview. And because I liked The Smiths and Manchester United.
To be honest there was a funny smell that day, and someone kept inappropriately touching me from the crowd behind during the visit, I still have no idea if it was a male or female but never risked returning.
Here’s my Top 10!
1. The Smiths/ Morrissey – Ouija Board, Ouija Board
No surprise these guys are top of my list, with a video where Mozza made more of an effort than usual…
2. The 1975 – The Sound
Fave band of the moment, recent no.1 album on both sides of the Pond, funny video.
3. James/ Tim Booth – Frozen Britain
Almost no.1 album this week, consistent intelligent, subversive and rocking songs.
4. Ian Brown/ The Stone Roses – Corpses In Their Mouths
So cool and laid back.
5. Elbow – Grounds For Divorce.
6. David Gray – The One I Love
Babylon was great, so is this:-
7. Happy Mondays /Black Grape – Hallelujah
With the lovely Kirsty MacColl on backing vocals.
8. Oasis – Don’t Look Back In Anger
The sound of the 90s.
9. Take That – Back For Good
Everyone likes this, don’t they?
10. Richard Ashcroft/ The Verve – Break The Night With Colour